Campus Tour Guide
Admissions & Recruitment
Campus tour guides are vital ambassadors to Huron as tours often form a prospective student’s first impression of the university. Tour guides must be well-spoken, knowledgeable, and friendly to engage campus visitors with their enthusiasm for Huron.
Campus tours are offered Monday to Friday at 11:30 a.m., and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. To accommodate all visitors, some tours may take place outside of regular tour hours. Tour guides also assist with campus visit days including Fall Preview Day and March Break Open House. As required, tour guides perform a number of clerical duties in the Admissions & Recruitment Office such as filing, packaging and sorting documents and letters.
Time commitment: approx. one 1 hour scheduled shift per week, one 1 hour Saturday morning shift per term, plus events and call-out shifts.
- Returning 2019-2020 undergraduate Huron student.
- No tour guide experience necessary
- Participation in Huron clubs and activities an asset
- Strong communications and public relations skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Above average knowledge and awareness of on-campus activities and events
- Excellent initiative, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m., Apps International House. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview in April. Thank you for your interest.