Information Desk Assistant
Finance and Administration
The Information Desk Assistant will be the first point of contact for individual’s engaging with Huron, either in person or over the phone. With a strong focus on customer service, the Information Desk Assistant will be responsible for greeting and assisting students and visitors to campus, managing the main phone line and directing callers, monitoring various security systems, managing meeting room bookings, and general administrative tasks related to residence, security, maintenance, housekeeping, and visitor parking.
In addition, the incumbent will support conference services at Huron. Working with the Director, as well as other team members, this may include working with prospective conferences guests, assisting conference guests with services available at Huron, providing support during conferences, and follow up on any outstanding matters.
- Post-secondary diploma / degree from an accredited institution;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an administrative support role working with the public, preferably in a post-secondary or educational setting;
- Exceptional and well-honed client / customer service skills to represent Huron professionally in all interactions;
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and support a variety of external community and conference guests;
- Experience with multi-line phone and security / surveillance systems;
- Knowledge of the organizational / departmental structure of Huron;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to learn and utilize venue management software used to organize and schedule rooms and events;
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to interact positively and calmly with students, faculty and the general public in a variety of settings;
- Willingness to participate fully in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and use good judgement in all decisions;
- Energetic, organized, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable, and flexible.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by July 23, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Letters of application and a current resume, including three references (who will not be contacted without permission of the candidate), should be submitted in confidence to Huron by:
Mail: 1349 Western Road, London, ON, N6G 1H3 Fax: 519-438-5226 E-mail: email@example.com
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224 or at the email address above.
Job Posting: Information Desk Assistant
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Director, Facilities Management
Employee Group: OPSEU
Salary Range: $38,130 – $47,661
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 4:00pm