CURL 2019 Spring Conference Volunteers
CURL needs volunteers for our annual Spring Conference on Wednesday, April 10, 2019! These roles are low stress, low time commitment, and look great on a resume. All volunteers are welcome to coffee, tea, and lunch the day of the conference.
Tech 1: File Collector – VOLUNTEER IN ADVANCE
Approximately 2-3 hours between Thursday, April 4 and Sunday, April 7. Can be completed from home on your own schedule!
• Search emails to find files sent by students & matching them to the schedule slots
• Add files to a Google Drive and a USB stick (provided)
• Divide files into folders and name them according to a specific format (provided)
• Google Drive must be ready by midnight on Sunday, April 7. USB stick must be returned by Monday, April 8.
Tech 2: Tech Support, Great Hall (2 shifts)
At least one of the following shifts
• Using the provided laptop, load the appropriate file in advance of each presentation
• Troubleshoot tech issues for student presenters
Tech 3: Tech Support, Library
2 hours around noon, approximately 11:00-1:00
• Remain in the Huron Library to assist students with set up and troubleshooting for Digital Displays
Reg desk, Great Hall (2 volunteers)
APRIL 8/9: The day before the conference
• Timing TBD (Flexible), approximately 2 hours
• Stuff registration packages, move easels and poster boards from Lucas Alumni House to Library, hang campus directions signage APRIL 10: 8:45AM-1:30PM
• Direct traffic, welcome attendees, hand out registration packages, assist student presenters with set up of easels for poster session
Floater, Library/Great Hall
• Assist student presenters with set up of easels for poster session
• Neaten up the environment (stack used plates/cups and move to catering table, remove tripping hazards, ensure chairs are lined properly, etc.)
• Check in regularly with conference leaders for additional tasks. May require covering for other volunteers, retrieving files, finding specific people, etc.
• Assist with take down of poster session (tidying Library space, returning easels & poster boards to Lucas Alumni House)
All students are welcome to apply for these volunteer roles. Please contact Megan Dykstra if you wish to get involved. Please specify the position(s) you're interested in filling within your email.