Jumpstart Your Career in Canada
Huron is offering an exclusive training series designed to help international students understand, enter and succeed in the professional Canadian job market after graduation!
March 15th, 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. (dinner provided)
March 16th, 10:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. (coffee & lunch provided)
JOB MARKET ANALYTICS & GETTING YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCY
- Labour market information on job opportunities and skills in demand using current data
- Activities and information to help students make informed decisions about their career in Canada
- An Immigration Lawyer to talk about qualifying for permanent residency and answer questions
UNDERSTANDING YOUR 21ST CENTURY SKILLS
- Leading organizations in Canada have identified critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity as essential for job seeks to find employment and be successful on the job.
- Students will complete and review a personal assessment of their 21st Century skills
- Students will identify and understand their personal style and how they fit within the expectations of Canadian employers
MAXIMIZING YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE IN THE CANADIAN JOB MARKET
- Develop and demonstrate this new set of 21st Century skills to adapt to a rapidly changing economy and successfully compete in today’s Canadian workforce
- Improve performance in all 4 dimensions of high-performance thinking
- Learn strategies to adapt to a variety of situations in the Canadian workplace and produce superior results
This is a workshop series. Students will be required to attend both sessions. Space is extremely limited and is offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Or contact Valeeta Bennett, International Student Coordinator, Apps House, firstname.lastname@example.org, 519.438.7224 ext 291