Through "London’s Small Business Centre “Summer Company” program, Huron students can receive start-up money to kick-off a new summer business, along with advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running.
Each student can receive a maximum award of $3,000, with extra earning potential stemming from net profits. Successful Summer Company applicants get up to $1,500 for start-up costs and an additional $1,500 when students successfully complete the program requirements.
Students must submit independently. Eligible students must run their business from May through to August. As funding is limited, Huron ensures that a minimum of five quality applications will be accepted into the program.
Applicants Must Meet the Following Criteria
• Be between 15 and 29 years old, currently a student and returning to school in the fall (proof of enrollment required)
• Propose a new business separate from any current family businesses
• Prepare a business plan that shows the business can successfully launch and operate this summer
• Invest a minimum of 420 working hours into their companies between May and August
• Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant residing in Ontario
• Agree to follow government rules and regulations for operating a business
Step 1: Attend the Information Session
Step 2: Start your Business Plan application at the Proposal Writing Workshop
Step 3: Submit your Business Plan to the Small Business Centre’s online portal
Step 4: Be accepted into the program!
Step 5: Complete the Business Start-Up Training
Step 6: Be the best entrepreneurial you can be from May to August.
Step 7: Share your company with the Huron community in September!
519.438.7224 ext 196