MTS/MDiv Prizes, Awards, & Scholarships:
16 scholarships, prizes, and awards are awarded automatically by the Faculty of Theology Committee to MDiv & MTS students and are usually announced at the end of the school year. .Prizes range from $150 to $3,000. Scholarships are applied to tuition and residence fees first. To receive a scholarship, you must be a full-time continuing student.
- Fisher Scholarships for 1st-year and 2nd-year MDiv students with highest averages
- Faculty of Theology Prize for Academic Distinction for a graduating student
- Irish Benevolent Society Prizes (Archdeacon Alford Abraham Prize for Homiletics; Canon Maurice Farr Prize for Pastoral Care, The Rev. Captain Bill Bennett Prize for a Mature Student)
- Luxton Prize in New Testament
- The John Morden Scholarship for the full-time, returning student who contributed most to the spiritual life and welfare of the College
- Brotherhood of Anglican Churchmen Scholarship in Old Testament
- Archbishop Peers Prize in Biblical Languages
- The Rev. Dr. D. Jay Koyle Prize in Liturgics
- The Very Rev. Leslie B. Jenkins Prize in Systematic Theology
- St. Mark’s by-the-Lake Scholarship for Christian Leadership for a full-time second year MTS or M.Div. student
- St. John’s by-the-Lake Award in Youth Ministry
- The Clarence M. Foltz Scholarship in Spiritual Development awarded to a graduating student.
- Vishnu Family Volunteer Service Award
Graduate Government Scholarships: OGS, SSHRC:
These substantial competitive Canadian and Ontario Government scholarships are available each year.
Huron OGS and CGS-M Workshop!
Paula Menzies-Cameron (SGPS, Western) will be in the Huron Library Breakout Room on Wednesday October 16, 2019, 12:30-2:00pm to facilitate a workshop for students who are applying to graduate school and seeking funding through OGS and CGS-M scholarships. Drop by even for a part of this session!
OGS (Ontario Graduate Scholarship):
This $15,000 scholarship is for those in, or moving to, a graduate master’s or doctoral degree. Apply between October 1, 2019 and January 24, 2020 if you are a current Western graduate student remaining at Western or applying to a Western graduate program. Otherwise, contact the university where you plan to take your graduate degree. Deadlines are set by individual universities.
Western’s online application opens October 1, 2019. Western’s online application closes January 24, 2020, 4 pm (for new applications) Western’s online application for those with applications in progress before January 24, closes January 31, 2020, 4 pm.
Check for details about the competition here at Western and check here for more information about this program.
SSHRC (Social Science & Humanities Research Council) Doctoral
Check for details about the competition, support and deadlines here.
CGSD (Canada Graduate Scholarship Doctoral):
These $20,000 to $35,000 scholarships
Details are here.
CGSM (Canada Graduate Scholarship Masters):
This $17,500 scholarship is for those in, or moving to, a graduate master’s degree. Applicants submit an online Research Portal application.
Eligibility, details and helpful hints are available here.
Learn how to apply at a 90-minute session! See Resources at link above for available dates.
Deadline to apply (application must be complete by) December 1, 2019, 8 pm.
PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO DEADLINES TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATIONS!
For further information regarding scholarships for M.Div., MTS and MA students, please contact Sandra Rice, Assistant to the Dean & Faculty at email@example.com or 519.438.7224 ext. 289