Huron was established by an Act of the Province of Canada in 1863 and continued by The Huron College Act, 1958 (amended in 1961 and 1975).
It is currently governed by The Huron University College Act, 2000. The Act provides for an Executive Board to manage the affairs of the Corporation of Huron. An Academic Council is responsible for all matters relating to the academic life of the institution.
Huron is an independent, degree-granting institution, which has been affiliated with Western University since the late nineteenth century. Apart from honorary degrees in divinity, its degree-granting authority is currently held in abeyance, under the terms of our Affiliation Agreement with Western University. By this agreement, the final approval and quality assurance of Huron’s academic programs rests with Western’s Senate and students graduate with a University of Western Ontario degree. The President of Huron is an ex officio member of the Western Senate.
The Corporation also includes all members of the Executive Board who are listed at the bottom on this page:
- The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls
- David Allen (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- Rev. Canon Catherine Ascah (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- Mark Charlton (elected by Synod)
- Natalie Cross, V.P., University Affairs, HUC Students' Council (ex-officio)
- The Rev. Kevin Dixon (elected by Corporation)
- Rose Dotten (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- Peter Farrell (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- The Rev. Bradley Johnson (elected by Synod)
- Peter Kedwell (elected by Corporation)
- Prof. Richard McLaren (elected by Corporation)
- The Very Rev. Paul Millward (elected by Synod)
- Rev. Victoria Mouck (elected by Synod)
- Steve Prisco (elected by Corporation)
- Canon Paul Rathbone (elected by Synod)
- Chris Sinal (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- Matt Tedford (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- Mary Townshend (elected by Synod)
- The Ven. Peter Townshend (elected by Synod)
- David Turner (elected by Corporation)
- The Rev. Canon Kim Van Allen (elected by Synod)
- The Very Rev. Peter Wall (elected by the Alumni Association Board)
- Peter White (elected by Corporation)
- Joseph Wooden (elected by Synod)
- Anne Turvey, Secretary (non-voting)
- Sheldon Aaron
- Canon Stephen Adams. Q.C.
- Grant Barker
- Janet Caskey
- Tim Duncanson
- Keith Gibbons
- The Rt. Rev. Bruce Howe
- Chris Jones-Harris
- Ann Kennedy Kedwell
- John Leitch
- Madame Justice Lynne Leitch
- Don Letton
- Richard Lucas
- Darcy McKeough
- The Most. Rev. Percival O'Driscoll
- Marion Orser
- Beverley Paterson Wood
- John Porter
- Janet Stewart
- Keith Sumner
- John Thorpe
- Karen Wilkinson
- The Ven. Ken Anderson
- Ken Andrews
- The Rev. Susan Baldwin
- David Bevan, Ph.D.
- William Blissett, Ph.D.
- Wendy Carrière
- The Rt. Rev. Dr. John Chapman
- Donald Cox
- Paul Davenport, Ph.D.
- James Frazer
- Charles Jago, Ph.D.
- Ramona Lumpkin, Ph.D.
- Aruna Mathur, Ph.D.
- Peter Mercer, Ph.D.
- Michael Sheridan
- Roni Srdic
- Mr. Andrew Aziz, Chair
- Ms. Amy Bryson, Vice Chair
- Mr. Aaron Atcheson
- Dr. Gary Badcock
- Ms. Meaghan Blight, Vice-President, University Growth and Executive Director of HUC Foundation
- Dr. Neil Bradford
- Ms. Jane Caskey
- Dr. Barry Craig, President
- Mr. Allan Donald
- Ms. Amy Gibbons
- Mr. Peter Fullerton, President, Huron Foundation
- Mr. Ian Jeffreys
- Dr. Geoff Read, Vice-President, Academic, and Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- Ms. Deborah Lucas, Vice-President, Finance and Administration
- Ms. Christianne Morrison, President, Huron University Student Council
- The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls
- Ms. Katherine Scarrow
- Ms. Suzette Strong
- Mr. Shafin Tejani
- Mr. Peter Theophilos, President, Huron Alumni Association
- The Rev. Canon Dr. Todd Townshend, Dean, Faculty of Theology
- Mr. Andy Truong
- Mrs. Anne Turvey, Executive Assistant to the President, and Secretary of the Corporation and the Executive Board
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
John Joseph Mitchell, Dip. HR
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday