Frequently Asked Questions

Move in Day

Helpful hints on moving in

  • I am having some technical difficulties completed the online form. Where can I get help?

    If you are having problems with the online application form, please contact Housing and Student Life at for help.

  • May I bring my own furniture?

    You may bring furniture if it will fit in your residence room, however, under no circumstance can you remove the existing furniture from the room.

  • What size of refrigerator can I put in my room?

    The refrigerator should be 3 cu.ft. or less with maximum dimensions: 19.25" deep X 18" wide X 25" high. There is some flexibility but the unit must be compact. You would be asked to remove any unit that was visibly oversized.

  • Can I bring a toaster?

    No. Toasters violate the fire and safety standards and are strictly forbidden.

  • Do any of the rooms in residence have kitchens?

    No. There are no kitchens in any of our residence buildings. All students are required to have a meal plan with the Huron Dining Hall.

  • Can I have a kettle in my room?

    You can have a kettle with an automatic shut off.

  • Can I have a microwave in my room?

    No. Microwaves, rice cookers, indoor grills, hot pots, hot plates and toaster ovens violate the fire and safety standards and are strictly prohibited.

  • What appliances am I allowed to bring?

    Here is a list of some items that are acceptable to bring:

    • kettles with automatic shut off
    • hair dryers and curling irons
    • small fan
    • stereos and TVs
    • lamps
    • computers
    • electric razors
    • compact refrigerators (3.0 cu.ft.)
    • single serve coffee makers (eg: Tassimo, Keurig)
  • If I mail in my application early will I get my first choice?

    It is critical that your complete application and deposit arrive on time so you should not wait until the last minute. We encourage you to mail your application and your payment information well before the deadline. If you are getting close to the deadline we highly suggest you send all the documents, photo and deposit by courier to ensure we receive it by the deadline. You can email us at to confirm that all required forms have been received.

  • What do I have to send to Huron for my application to be complete?

    Please complete the Application package forms, save to your computer, and email, along with a photo to . Students sending their Residence Application forms by email must ensure that their deposit is also received by Huron University College by the deadline. Online bank payments can be made by naming "Huron University College" as the Payee, and using your student number as the

    account number. Alternatively, students can print their forms, sign, and send, along with a cheque or money order or bank draft (made payable to Huron University College) in the amount of $750.00 CAD to: Huron University College,

    Attn: Residence & Student Life, 1349 Western Road, London, Ontario, Canada N6G All of these forms can be found on the Residence Application Form link.

    How do I know that my forms and my deposit were received?

    You will receive a confirmation email from the Housing Office. Alternatively, you can email to confirm receipt.



  • What makes Huron different?

    • We have remained strategically small to ensure faculty and staff can provide personalized and caring environments that nurture our students’ individual gifts and position them for the best-possible university experience.
    • We refuse to conform to the trend that attempts to devalue a Liberal Arts education because we know diverse and balanced course offerings endow our students with transferrable skills best prepare them for the modern job market.
    • Our university prioritizes character development, as much as academic excellence, so when you leave here, you’ll have the knowledge, skills and passion to actively shape the world.
    • All of our classes are taught by professors, not teaching assistants, so your classroom experiences, from lectures to grading, will always be consistent and you’ll have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with people who want to positively influence your future.
    • We’ve established local and international partnerships that set our students a part: we are Ontario’s only Harvard Business School HBX partner and we also offer the dual degree program with Ivey Business School
  • What does attending an affiliate university mean for me?

    • When it comes to Huron, being an affiliate means belonging to the founding institution of Western University, located within the heart of main campus just steps away from the University Community Centre and Weldon Library.
    • You will receive a Western University degree with a distinction from our university.
    • You have access to Western’s course offerings, club, teams and facilities, while being able to call a more tight-knit and inclusive community home.
    • You’ll also be able to take advantage of courses, learning opportunities and events at the university’s other two affiliates, Brescia and King’s.
  • What kind of financial support can I receive to attend Huron?

    • Huron offers a wide array of bursaries and scholarships to reward students for their exceptional academic achievement and community involvement. Read more about our scholarships and bursaries. 
    • Our most prestigious scholarship is the Hellmuth: each year, 10 eligible students will receive this award, which entitles them to receive $30,000 over four years. 
    • Our financial aid and accounting support team can also help you navigate various options for government and other external avenues to help finance your post-secondary education.
    • If you’re interested in pursuing a Master’s Degree within the Faculty of Theology, you may receive financial support specific to this faculty.
  • How do I apply to become a Huron student?

    • Each student’s application process may be different, dependent on where they’re from, which program(s) they’re applying to and a wide variety of other influencers specific to that applicant and their situation. However, generally, this is the process:
    • Step 1: Submit your Application. All applicants requesting full-time admission to Huron must apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre ( Complete the online 101 form if you are a current Ontario high school student, or the OUAC 105 form for all other applicants. Please note, Huron is found within Western University.
    • Step 2: Send Supporting Documents. All students who are not attending an Ontario High School must produce transcripts. Transcripts can be sent directly to Huron's Admission's Office. Additional Admission Forms can be completed to support your application.
    • Step 3: Confirm your Attendance. To accept Huron's Offer of Admission online, please confirm on your OUAC account. 
    • Time is of the essence! The application recommended deadline for international applicants is May 15. Applicants are encouraged to send transcripts as soon as one full term/semester of their final year has been completed.
  • How do I pick my Major/Specialization?

    Students are expected to select a module of future study by the end of their first year of full-time studies at Huron; typically in February.  Modules include: Minor, Major, Specialization, Honours Specialization.

    There are three possible degree options at Huron: an Honours Degree, a 4 Year General Degree and a 3 Year Degree.  Click here 
    Remember, to stay at Huron you need to study in one of the modules we offer.  You will find our programs listed under the Academics page of this website.   
    For more ideas and support on selecting a module, visit  How Picking a Major is Like Picking a Life Partner.  It suggests asking yourself questions such as, “Who you want to be”.  If you have questions on module and degree selection, make an appointment to speak with an academic advisor.  

  • What is the purpose of ITR?

    Intent to Register asks you 3 simple questions about your plan:

    1)   What Faculty you will Register in

    * If you are continuing at Huron, select Huron as your Faculty from the drop-down menu.

    2)      What type of degree are you pursuing?

    3)      What Modular Combination are you interested in doing?

  • What if I don’t meet the entry requirements for the module/degree I requested?

    If you don’t meet the entry requirements for the module/degree options you requested, you will be registered in an alternative program in May (often BA Major in Philosophy for students registering for second year).

    You will need to include/repeat courses in the future that will make you eligible for the module/degree you wish to pursue.

    You may need to contact Academic Advising to discuss your course selection after adjudication in May and before web registration. This will be noted in the comments on your grade report.

  • How do I know what module to choose or courses to take for my module?

    The official version of the Academic Calendar is found online at Huron module choices are found by choosing ‘Affiliated University Colleges’ on the navigation bar and clicking on ‘Huron University College’.

    Scroll down to select the appropriate department and from there, select the module you are interested in. You will be able to see the specific courses required for that module and the links will take you to the course descriptions in the calendar.

    A reminder on the residency requirement: during the academic year, students are required to complete 60% of their course load at Huron (i.e. if you are registered in 5.0 credits during the academic year, 3.0 of those credits are to be taken at Huron).

  • What happens if my module requirements have changed?

    Sometimes a discipline will review their modules and change the module requirements. If this happens, you can still follow the module from the year in which you entered the program. If you have any questions about this, you can contact the office at

  • What do I do if I want to change my module after I complete my Intent to Register?

    During the ITR period, you may go online and make changes to your original selection(s) at any time. Once the ITR period is over, you will need to contact Academic Advising (email to see if the changes can be made.

  • Is residence guaranteed?

    If you indicated that you are interested in living in residence on your OUAC application, you will receive an instruction sheet for the online residence application procedures with your offer of admission letter. 

  • How do I confirm I am graduating?

    Please login to Student Center to ensure you’ve successfully completed all the requirements to apply to graduate. 

  • How do I get my gown and hood for convocation?

    Pre-order your regalia via the Student Center. Be sure to take notice of Western’s deadline to order.

Huron Residence

Important Residence Info

  • What happens if I don’t indicate 3 choices for residence on my application?

    If you don't select three different choices for your residence preference, the computer will reject your answer and randomly assign a room without consideration of your choices.



  • How do I get my gown and hood for convocation?

    Pre-order your regalia via the Student Center. Be sure to take notice of Western’s deadline to order.

  • Where do I get my graduation photos taken?

    Huron students can learn more about having their photos taken and book an appointment here.  

  • What if I can’t make it to graduation?

    If you are unable to attend your Convocation ceremony, you may receive your degree here.

Academic Advising and Services

Academic Advising and Services

  • What is a letter of permission?

    Letter of Permission (Student Process) is an agreement between Huron and another university. This agreement confirms that the student who has applied for the Letter of Permission is in good standing at Huron University and that Huron agrees to have the credit taken at the host institution transferred back to the student's degree at The University of Western Ontario. 

    Students need a 70% cumulative average to take a course on a letter of permission.  

    Students must download and fill out the Request for Letter of Permission.  Once completed, please email letter to  

  • How can I tell if I got into my program?

    Students select their intended program/ module in February.  Once grades are in - usually in late May the university determines if students have met the admission requirements for the module they selected.  Students can see these adjudication results on Student Center.

    Log in to Student Center, under My Academic, choose View My Grades. Select the tab marked Grade Report. Ensure you are looking at the correct term, select it and read the Remarks at the bottom of the grade report box.

  • Why didn’t I get into my program?

    Check the admission requirements for the module you are interested in.  Did you take the required course?  Did you obtain the average required?  60% for a major; 70% -75% for some Honours specializations.  If you are still confused, contact advising,



  • How do I add/drop a course?

    Follow the link here for instructions on how to add/drop a course online.

    Note once classes begin you will need to come in to the office to add/drop a course.  

    Pay close attention to deadlines!  Students can only drop and add courses for a limited time as specified by the academic calendar.  Dropping a course after the deadline results in an ‘F’ on your transcript.  Refunds depend on the drop date.  The last day to receive a partial refund in the fall is Sept. 14th and in the winter is Feb. 15th.  

    March 7 - last day to drop a 2nd half course without academic penalty

    Please find the link for further information on deadlines here.

    If you are receiving OSAP there may be financial ramifications for dropping a course.  There also may be financial ramifications for changing from part-time to full-time status.  If adding a course will bring you to full-time status (3.5 courses) make sure you discuss the cost with your advisor.  

  • What are the add/drop deadlines?

    Pay close attention to academic calendar.  Dropping a course after the deadline results in an ‘F’ on your transcript.  Refunds depend on the drop date.  The last day to receive a partial refund in the fall is Sept. 14th and in the winter is Feb. 15th.  

    Sept. 14 – last day to add a first term half course or full course.
    Nov. 12 – last day to drop a first term half course without academic penalty
    Nov. 30 – last day to drop a full course without academic penalty

  • What do course suffixes mean?

    Common suffixes for Huron courses are: 
    •    A (0.5 first term, non essay course
    •    B (0.5 second term non essay course)
    •    E (1.0 essay course)
    •    F (0.5 first term essay course)
    •    G (0.5 second term essay course

     Detailed explanations can be found  on the Academic Calendar.  



  • Help! This is my first set of exams, what do I do?

    Stay calm.  If you have attended classes and kept up on the readings you are already in a good position to do well on the exam.  Make a study plan.  Determine when you will study and which subject.  Is one subject more difficult than others?  Plan to allot more study time to that subject. 
    Keep in mind how you study.  Do you study best in quiet?  With others around you?  In a group?  While moving around?  Try to incorporate how you study best into your plan.  Research shows taking short breaks (e.g. after 50 min. of studying) can help with retention of material.  

    During the year Learning Skills Services offers sessions on Managing Test Stress, Writing Multiple Choice and more.  These sessions are part of your tuition and could provide you with some helpful tips.  They offer handouts and advice on exam preparation.    The library also houses books on study skills that may be useful.

  • What are legitimate reasons for missing an exam?

    Students who miss an exam can be accommodated for medical, religious and compassionate grounds (death in the family). Missing a final exam is a serious situation and requires students to submit documentation to support their absence. You can find more information about Huron's requirements and policies at Academic Accommodation.  

    Travel is not a reason to miss an exam.  Do not schedule holidays, vacations, etc. during the entire exam period.  If your exam falls on a date that conflicts with a religious tradition you must notify the Academic Advising office at least two weeks in advance of the exam.

  • What happens if I miss an exam?

    If you are unable to write a final exam as scheduled, you must meet with an Academic Advisor within five days to request permission to write a Special Examination. 


    Be sure to notify your professor that you will be unable to write the exam at its originally scheduled time.


    Be prepared to provide written documentation to your Academic Advisor that verifies the reason that you are unable to write the exam as scheduled. 


    Provided that your documentation is appropriate, your Academic Advisor will complete a Recommendation for a Special Examination Form.


    Your instructor must sign the Recommendation for a Special Examination Form. If the course is on another campus, the Department Chair will also need to sign the form. You are then to return it to an Academic Advisor for final approval before the special exam date. 


    You must make these arrangements within five (5) business days of the missed exam so that you do not miss a scheduled makeup exam.  


    Email to make an appointment.  

  • What is a Special Exam?

    A Special Examination is any exam other than the regularly scheduled exam or Supplemental Exam. A Special Exam may be offered only with the permission of the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, and in consultation with the course instructor and Department Chair. Permission for a Special Exam starts in the Academic Advising Office. Proper documentation is required prior to an appointment with an Academic Advisor. 

    Special exams are normally written no later than one month after the end of the examination period.

  • What is the procedure for making up a final exam?

    Requests for a make-up exam are granted only on medical, religious, or compassionate grounds.

    Exams will start at 9 a.m. [Students with two exams will write the second at 1p.m.].  There are separate dates for Brescia, King's and Western courses. 


    How to request a make-up exam:


    1. Obtain documentation to support your absence.

    Medical: Download the Student Medical Certificate form. Have the form completed by a physician. You have five days after the exam date has passed to turn in medical documentation, but be sure to see your doctor on the day you are ill, and not afterwards.


    Religious: Read the policy for Exam Accommodation based on Religious Grounds. Documentation is not necessarily needed, but you do need to follow these steps two weeks before the exam. 


    Compassionate: These are extra-ordinary circumstances beyond your control; death in the family, immediate family member gravely ill, court appearance, house fire, etc. Suitable documentation includes: death certificate, link to an obituary, court documents, insurance papers.


    2. Take your documentation to Student Support Services (W 45). The Advisor will fill out a Recommendation for Special Exam form.


    3.  Take the Special Exam form provided by the Academic Advisor to the course instructor for signature. By signing the form, the instructor agrees to set the exam.


    Please note: The signature of the instructor can take the form of an e-mail message indicating agreement with the relief sought, to be attached to the form that is returned to Student Support Services.


    4.  Return the Special Exam form to Student Support Services, W 45. If no form has been received back, signed, the student’s name will not go on the list of those allowed to sit the make-up exam.


    The following reasons for missing an exam are not accommodated through Academic Advising:

    • Book a flight and are not able to make the date of the exam because you won't be in London
    • Family booked a vacation and you'd like to join them
    • Summer job starts early
    • Forgot, you slept in, you wrote down the wrong room, etc.

    It is at your professor's discretion to grant a make-up exam for these reasons. Your professor will have to set the date and find a place for you to write. Your professor is under no obligation to accommodate your absence for reasons outside the official policy. 


Honk App (Parking)

  • How do I get the app?

    You can download the Honk app for free in the App Store or Google Play. Got a Blackberry? Just navigate to in your browser and you’re on your way!

  • How do I sign up?

    Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can sign up with 4 pieces of information: email address, mobile phone number, license plate & payment info

  • What if I don’t have an iPhone or Android device?

    No problem! Honk works on any mobile device, simply visit Honk Mobile to search, find and pay for parking.

  • Do I need a credit card to sign up?

    A payment method isn’t required to sign up for a Honk account; however, you’ll need a valid VISA, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Masterpass or PayPal account to pay for your parking session. You can add as many payment methods as you’d like.

  • Can I be reminded that my parking is expiring?

    Absolutely! We send you a text message 15 minutes before your parking is about to expire. If you’re running late or need more time, you can easily extend your session right from your phone.

  • I have more than one vehicle plate number on my account. How can I make sure the correct vehicle is being parked each time?

    You can add multiple vehicles to your Honk account. When paying by phone, you can pick the license plate of the vehicle you’re parking. For faster checkout, you can set a plate as your primary vehicle so it’ll be selected for you automatically.

  • How can I find out if my parking was processed?

    Once you’ve paid for parking, we’ll email you a receipt. You can view all your transactions by visiting the Receipts page in your profile.

  • What if I pay for parking for the wrong license plate?

    Mistakes happen. Please make another purchase (right away so you don’t get a ticket!) with the correct license plate and email us BOTH invoices to: We will refund the first purchase

  • How does parking enforcement know I’ve paid?

    Good question! We partner with lot operators to serve a real-time list of license plates who’ve paid using app. You don’t need a ticket stub or receipt to place on the dashboard.

  • I received a parking ticket but I paid by phone. What happened?

    Honk works with lot operators to ensure their enforcement officers have the most up-to-date information about parkers, but mistakes can happen. If a ticket is issued, please let us know through email at and we’ll get it cleared up for you.

Intent to Register

Intent to Register

  • Why do I need to do an ITR?

    If you plan to return in September, you need to fill out your online Intent to Register form.

    During the Adjudication period in May when your final grades are available, you will be assessed for the eligibility of your choices submitted on the Intent to Register form. This adjudication triggers an online appointment time for you if you are eligible to continue.

    If you do not complete an online Intent to Register form by March 31st at 11:59pm (EST), you will have to submit a late Intent to Register form on paper and your access to registration will be delayed.

  • What is the purpose of ITR?

    Intent to Register asks you 3 simple questions about your plan for September 2019:

    1. What Faculty you will Register in

    • If you are continuing at Huron, select Huron as your Faculty from the drop-down menu.

    2. What type of degree are you pursuing?

    3. What Modular Combination are you interested in doing?

  • How do I submit an ITR?

    The online form becomes available in early February through Student Center. For step-by-step instructions, click here.

    If you indicate a module/program on main campus or one of the other affiliates (Brescia or King’s), we recommend you indicate a module at Huron as well (i.e. first choice is a MOS stream on main campus, second choice is an Economics module at Huron).

    The following students will need to complete a paper ITR:

    • New concurrent degree students (continuing concurrent students can do it online)
    • Re-registrants (students not registered this year)
    • Post degree modules
    • Second degree students
  • What if I don’t meet the entry requirements for the module/degree I requested?

    If you don’t meet the entry requirements for the module/degree options you requested, you will be registered in an alternative program in May (often BA Major in Philosophy for students registering for second year).

    You will need to include/repeat courses in the future that will make you eligible for the module/degree you wish to pursue.

    You may need to contact Academic Advising to discuss your course selection after adjudication in May and before web registration. This will be noted in the comments on your grade report.

  • What happens if I’m taking a course in the summer that is a prerequisite for the module I wish to pursue in the 2019/20 academic year?

    Your academic record will be reviewed (adjudicated) in May. Your eligibility for the requested module/degree will be based on courses completed in 2018/19 and on the assumption that you’ll successfully complete the courses you are taking in the summer. You will be adjudicated again, after completion of the summer courses, to determine if you are eligible for your requested module/degree.

    A note on MOS: if you did not meet the entry requirements for the MOS module you requested, but you are completing a summer course towards the module, you must let Huron Academic Advising know that you wish to be reconsidered for MOS following the completion of your summer course. Email with your request for reconsideration.

  • How do I know what module to choose or courses to take for my module?

    The official version of the Academic Calendar is here. Huron module choices are found by choosing ‘Affiliated University Colleges’ on the navigation bar and clicking on ‘Huron University College’.

    Scroll down to select the appropriate department and from there, select the module you are interested in. You will be able to see the specific courses required for that module and the links will take you to the course descriptions in the calendar.

    A reminder on the residency requirement: during the academic year, students are required to complete 60% of their course load at Huron (i.e. if you are registered in 5.0 credits during the academic year, 3.0 of those credits are to be taken at Huron).

  • What happens if my module requirements have changed?

    Sometimes a discipline will review their modules and change the module requirements. If this happens, you can still follow the module from the year in which you entered the program. If you have any questions about this, you can contact the office at

  • What marks do I need to eligible to return in 2019/20?

    Progression requirements are found in the Academic Calendar. If you meet your progression requirements, you must achieve the minimum mark(s) in prerequisite courses to enter the module/degree requested on your Intent to Register. You will find out if you are accepted into your module/degree when you access your grade report online in June.

  • How do I access my grade report?

    Your grade report, which includes final marks and report comments, will be accessible online through Student Center after you have been adjudicated. Play close attention to your grade report comments and follow the instructions (if any are given).

  • How do I appeal a final grade after accessing my grade report?

    See the Academic Calendar. There is a deadline (noted in the calendar) for appealing marks and/or requesting academic relief.

  • Can I repeat a course?

    A course repeat is any course previously attempted and recorded at Western. A course attempt having a passing grade may only be repeated once. A course attempt having a failing grade may only be repeated twice. Grades (including failures) for all course attempts will appear on the transcript and will be included in the accumulation of course attempts and maximum failures allowed. All but the most recent course attempt will appear on the transcript as ‘RNC’ (Repeated, No Credit) and will be excluded from cumulative average calculations used for progression requirements.

  • What do I do if I want to change my module after I complete my Intent to Register?

    During the ITR period, you may go online and make changes to your original selection(s) at any time. Once the ITR period is over, you will need to contact Academic Advising, to see if the changes can be made.

Tuition, 2018-2019 Academic Year

Tuition, 2018-2019 Academic Year

  • Where can I find tuition amounts and residence and meal plan payment info?

  • When will I know the amount of my fees to Huron?

    Student statements will be generated late July or after students begin enrolling in courses for September. If you are in residence, the residence and meal plan fees will be on the statement by the beginning of August.

  • Where can I see my Statement of Account?

    Statements are accessed online at Huron Student Finance Login.

    Sign in with UWO ID and password. You can also get a receipt for your payments by printing a copy of your statement. Note that you CANNOT access your Huron statement through the Western University Student Centre as they will not have your 2018-19 fees.

  • Am I considered a Full-Time or Part- Time student?

    A Full-Time student is a student who is taking 3.5 or more credits courses.

    A Part-Time student is one who is taking 3.0 credit courses or less. Starting September 2016, if a student is taking 3.5 credit courses they will have full time academic status, but they will be charged the per-course fee for both tuition and ancillary fees from the part time fee schedule. They will also be charged for Bus Pass and Health and Dental Plan.

  • How can I pay my tuition and residence?

    We do not accept credit card payments for tuition and residence fees but you can use any of the options below:

    • Online/Telephone banking (from a Canadian bank account): ensure the payee is Huron University College or Huron University College Tuition. The account number is your 9 digit student number (preferred and quickest method)
    • Debit (in person) : Room W37
    • Cheque/ Money Order/ Bank Draft: payable to Huron University College with the 9 digit student number on the memo section. Can be brought in person to room W37 or mailed to the address below:
      Huron University College 1349 Western Road London, Ontario N6G 1H3 Attn: Student Billing
    • International Transfers:

      Western Union GlobalPay

      Wire transfer;
      The Bank of Nova Scotia Bank
      Address: 44 King Street West, Toronto ON M5H 1H1 Canada
      Swift Code/ BIC Address: NOSCCATT
      Account Number/IBAN (Include ALL 12 digits): 000420241415
      Transit/Routing/ABA Number: 00042
      Account Name: Huron University College
      Reference/Payment Details: 9 digit student number
      Institution number if requested: 002
    • External or third party sponsorships. Kindly ensure that your sponsor sends a letter to Huron stating that you are sponsored for the upcoming academic year and indicate what fees the sponsorship will cover.

      This should be forwarded to Huron University Attn: Student Billing 1349 Western Road London ON N6G 1H3, email or fax 519-438-4309. Once received Huron will forward a copy of your online statement of account directly to your sponsor. It is your responsibility to ensure that your account is paid in full by the deadline dates indicated. Note that any refunds will be returned directly to your sponsor within 90 days.
  • When are tuition fees and residence fees due?

    Tuition and residence fees are due in full by August 17th. If you’re paying by installment, the first installment is due August 17th and the 2nd installment is due by December 1st.

    Note: Move-in to residence in September will not be permitted if your first installment is unpaid (this includes tuition, meal plan and residence fees). A late fee of $50.00 will be charged per term for a maximum of $100 for full time students and $25 per term to a maximum of $50 for part time students. Any late payments for residence will be subject to a one-time penalty of $100.

  • Can I pay in installments?

    Yes. You are allowed to pay in 2 installments due on August 17th and December 1st respectively.

    Kindly check the fees schedule for the tuition amounts.

    If you are receiving a Huron Scholarship or Bursary and you know the amount, please deduct it from your first payment, otherwise this will be deducted from your second installment.

  • How do I pay my fees if I am getting OSAP and the deadline for the first instalment is August 17?

    If you applied for OSAP prior to August 17, your funds will be remitted to the school directly. To avoid any late fees ensure that the portion not covered by OSAP is paid by the deadline date.

    For any OSAP inquiries please contact Jane Parker at or 519-438-7224 ext.215.

  • I need a confirmation of enrollment for my RESP where can I get one?

    The Registrar’s office processes all requests for confirmation/verification of enrollment.

  • What are all of the compulsory ancillary fees for?

    Here is a list of fees that you will see on your statement:

    Huron students get to use facilities and programs of Western University.  Tuition & Fees.  If you have any questions regarding Western fees, please contact the Western University Registrar’s office.

    Huron Fees:

    • HUCSC Fee – Goes to the Huron University College Student Council for their administration and various activities
    • ​​​​​World University Services of Canada (WUSC) Fee– Provides Huron University College the opportunity to bring in a student from a third world country to receive an education in Canada. This fee was voted in by the Huron University College Student Council.
    • Student Service Fee – This fee includes Huron services such as student counselling, financial aid processing, computer services, security, and student activities. o Student Activity Contingency Fee – Provides upgrades to student services such as the Student Activity Centre.
    • ​​​​​​​Library Expansion Support Fee – The fee is for the upcoming expansion of the Huron University College Library. This fee was voted in by the Huron University College Student Council.
    • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​BHTS Fee – For Theology students only and is for the Bishop Hallam Theological Society.
    • UHIP – This is the University Health Insurance Plan for International Students only. 
    • ​​​​​​​International Student Activity Fee – For International Students only and covers costs for trips and events during the year.
    • ​​​​​​​Western 1 ID card – This is for first time Huron/Western Students for their Western University ID card.
    • ​​​​​​​Bus Pass- A 12 month LTC bus pass is included in Full Time fees. Students cannot opt-out of this fee.
    • ​​​​​​​O-Pass Fee - This is for students participating in Orientation Week. ALL first year full time students will be charged this fee. Opt-out period will open from July 1st to August 15th, 2018.
    • ​​​​​​​Health and Dental Plan – Full Time students are automatically enrolled in the USC Health and Dental Plan. For more information on the plan or if you have any questions or concerns please contact USC’s Plan Administrator Nina Joyce at Student Benefits.
  • Are there any fees I can opt out of?

    Yes, you can opt out of the Health and Dental Plan and the Orientation Fee. See here.  

  • Can I get a refund if my tuition fees are paid?

    Our Refund Policy will be online by the beginning of September 2018.

  • What happens if I do not pay my tuition fees?

    If you do not pay your tuition fees, late fees will be applied and your account will be sealed. This means you will be unable to change your courses, retrieve your grades, apply for the next academic year, get a letter from the registrar’s office, and receive official transcripts or graduate. Unpaid accounts will ultimately be sent to a collection agency.

  • What if my scholarship is not shown on my account?

    For Entrance Scholarships kindly contact Kathy Mazur-Spitzig at or 519-438-7224 ext. 233.

    For Upper-Year scholarships kindly contact Sherry Wells-Foster at or 519- 438-7224 ext. 281.

  • I have a credit on my account – how do I access this money.

    Refund cheques are issued on an ongoing basis as credits are posted. Please allow up to 90 days for the credit to be processed. Cheques will be sent to the address on your statement of account or to your mail box if you are in residence.

  • Is parking included in my tuition?

    No, parking is not included in your tuition. If you wish to purchase a parking pass, please click here.

  • Why can’t you just contact my parents or can my parents receive my financial information?

    Privacy legislation prevents Universities from contacting a third party. Students should complete a Release of Information form to allow financial information to be discussed with a supporting individual. Click here for more information. 

  • How do I get my tuition tax receipt (T2202A) and rent receipt?

    Tuition tax receipts are available by the last day of February each year, following the previous tax year end. To access your receipt, sign in to your Student Center under Tax Receipts section, click on My T2202A, and print the year you need.

    Ensure your browser’s pop up blocker is disabled to allow you to print your receipt. Universities are covered under special legislation. Most on campus housing are classified as “Prescribed Residences”. In these cases, residence payments cannot be used as rent on your income tax and landlord/tenant regulations do not apply. You can only claim up to a maximum of $25.

  • I lost my student ID card – what do I do?

    Notify the registrar’s office immediately! If you live in a residence – notify the Residence Director immediately! This card is used to access your food dollars as well as most services on campus. You are responsible for the use/misuse of this identification. Replacement cards cost $31.00 at the Western Student Services Bldg.

  • Who can I contact about my account?

    Please contact Sheila Ita, 519-438- 7224 x216 or in person at the Student Accounts office room W37.

Grade and Requirement to Withdraw

Grade and Requirement to Withdraw

  • What are progression requirements?

    Students are required to obtain a specific average in order to progress to their next year of study.  For first year students (attempted 3.0 or more courses) the average required is 55% to be in good standing and 50% to return on academic probation.  For students who have completed/ attempted 8.0 courses or more, the average required is 60% to be in good standing and 55% to return on academic probation.  Note to stay in your module (Specialization, Major, etc.) you usually need to maintain a specific average. Also note to graduate your cumulative average must be 60-65% depending on your program and degree.   

    Your degree checklist (degree checklists are found under Tools for Success on the left menu) and the Admission, Progression and Graduation chart can provide more information.  Our Academic Advisors are here to help you. 

  • I'm on probation. What does that mean?

    Probation refers to a student who does not satisfy the minimum progression requirements for continuation of study at Huron but who will be allowed to continue at the University under specific conditions. 

    The student must meet these conditions to continue in good standing at the university.

  • I think one of my grades was tabulated incorrectly. What can I do?

    Contact your professor to discuss the matter.  If not resolved contact the Chair of the Department.  Speak to academic advising for further information.

    Overall, the grounds for submitting a grade appeal may be one or more of the following: medical or compassionate circumstances, extenuating circumstances beyond the appellant's control, bias, inaccuracy or unfairness. All grounds advanced in a request for relief must be supported by a clear and detailed explanation of the reasons for the request together with all supporting documentation.

    The Ombudsperson serves both Huron and main campus students. They detail the step by step appeal process. Note grades may go up, down or stay the same in the grade appeal process. The first step in this process is to contact the professor.

  • Is there a deadline for grade appeals?

    Yes.  In the case of a final grade in a course, the written appeal must be submitted to the Chair of the department by the following dates: 

    • January Marks: January 31st 
    • April/May Marks: June 30th 
    • Intersession: July 31st 
    • Summer Evening: August 31st 
    • Summer Day: September 15th 
    • Spring/Summer Mediated Learning Courses: October 15th 
  • What occurs when you are required to withdraw?

    Students will be required to withdraw from the University for a period of 12 months if they do not satisfy the minimum Progression Requirements defined by the Western University Senate for continuation of study at Huron, or if they have exceeded the maximum number of failed courses allowed (6.0 courses).

    Students who are required to withdraw typically receive a letter from Western University advising them of their status and an email is sent to their email address.  If you are required to withdraw, there will also be a notation on your online grade report (on Student Centre).  If you are unsure of your status, please ask an Academic Advisor.

    Withdrawing from University for a minimum of 12 months can give you the time you need to review your academic goals, and to take positive steps towards positioning yourself to achieve them.  Students who have withdrawn for 12 months can reapply to the University in January before they plan to return to their studies.  Readmission must occur through Ontario University Application Centre as well as to Huron.  

    If you have experienced major problems during the academic year that were outside of your control and had a negative impact on your studies, you may apply for a Dean’s Waiver of Progression Requirements, which, if granted, the Waiver of Progression Requirements will allow you to return to University on probation.  For questions about submitting the Dean's Waiver, please contact Jennifer Morocco at or 519.438.7224 x702.

    Dean's Waiver Application form



  • United Kingdom - The Bader International Study Centre at Herstmonceux Castle

    Spend a semester studying in a fifteenth-century English castle!

    Huron University College has partnered with Queens University in Kingston, Ontario to offer upper year students the opportunity to study at the Bader International Study Centre (BISC), which is located at Herstmonceux Castle. 

    Students travel to BISC from all over the world. Huron students who have completed at least one full year of undergraduate studies can study in the Fall, Winter, or Summer term. Students travelling in the Fall or Winter term take 5 courses. Courses are available in Arts, Commerce, Cultural Studies, Psychology, International Politics and Humanities. 

    Summer at BISC is a 6-week program where students take 3 courses. Courses are available in Engineering, Global Health & Disabilities, Medieval Theatre Studies, and Archaeology. 

    Classes are held from Monday - Thursday. Fridays & Saturdays are reserved for experiential learning trips. Students who are taking 5 courses can expect to take 12-15 of these trips during their semester abroad. All trips are covered as part of the course fees you pay. 

    Tuition is paid to Queens. Fall & Winter tuition is $18,500CDN. Summer tuition ranges from $4000 - $9000CDN, depending on the program you take. This includes tuition, residence, meals & field trips. Students are responsible for their flights/transportation and any insurance, including health insurance. 

    Application deadlines: Fall - July 31; Winter - November 15; Summer - March 15

    Two new programs have just been added! Winter semesters of study in International Politics and Psychology are now available!

    For more information:

    Upper Year Programs
    Admission Requirements
    Apply Now

  • Information for Parents

    Huron's small campus gives us the opportunity to get to know your student in order to help them achieve their academic and post-graduation plans. Not only do we welcome students from over 29 countries, but we also encourage students to consider international experiences to enhance their education. Huron students can go abroad to study, volunteer, or work both through our programs or initiatives they seek out on their own. Parental support is an important part of a students' decision to go abroad and we hope to address any questions and concerns you may have as a parent of an international student or a student considering going abroad. 

    Benefits of Global Experience

    Curriculum enhancement: Going on exchange, studying abroad, or participating in Honduras is an extension of in-class learning. For example, a student studying the Japanese language can increase their mastery of the language by being immersed in Japan.
    Cost-effective: Exchange programs are an affordable way to have a global experience because exchange students pay tuition to Huron. Huron does offer scholarships and bursaries to help pay for the cost of studying abroad. 

    Personal growth: Students move outside of their "comfort zone" and adapt to different environments and situations. This can result in intellectual and social maturity as well as increased self-confidence. For example, students who participate in Huron in Honduras experience life in rural Honduras where running water and other taken-for-granted conveniences are not readily available thus exposing our students to an experience that is difficult to replicate in a classroom setting or through reading a book.

    Development of the soft-skills sought by employers: Students acquire many skills abroad that can be developed in their resumes and used in job interviews. Some of these skills include leadership, communication, adaptability, functional ability in another language, empathy and a deeper appreciation for differences and cultural diversity. It also adds an international dimension to the resume and academic record for graduate school.

    Networking: Grow professional and personal network through the experience.

  • Exchange Student stories

    Nicole Pyszka
    Huron Student

    People are always surprised to hear I’m studying Japanese.  I can’t say I blame them; it can be hard enough to keep up with what’s going on around you, much less another country so far away. However, the best way to learn about yourself is to learn about the world around you.  International experiences at Huron have shaped me into the person I am today. 

    In my third year, I went on a one yearlong foreign exchange through Huron University College to Kwansei Gakuin University in Nishinomiya, Japan.  It’s hard to imagine what a big decision it is to go abroad by yourself for an entire year and it’s even harder to illustrate how amazing it was.  I celebrated Japanese holidays that I hadn’t known existed, and sampled local food that I had never seen before.  Mountains appeared on every horizon and I took the train to school, and bowed to others instead of shaking hands.  I snapped more pictures than I could store, and had the support of my Huron community because my professors would email me to ask how I was doing.  Moreover, I felt challenged more than I ever had before which meant I was able growing in new ways.  I’ve become a braver and more open person, and I’ve learned the importance of living every day as an adventure, no matter where you are.

    However, when you’re a Huron student going abroad isn’t the only way to get globally involved.  Our peer guide program pairs international students with local Huron students for various trips and events.This is a great chance to meet new friends from around the world!

    Language learners practice their developing skills with native speakers, in weekly conversational circles while Huron language professors know you by name and always have their doors open helping students achieve their linguistic goals. 

    Finally, there are many events held celebrating different cultures like French Day.   Sample delicious French pastries and cheeses, or Japan Day, where you can try on a kimono and participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony.  These types of resources helped me to prepare for my exchange trip, and now I stay involved and practice in everything I’ve learned.  There are some things you can’t learn in a classroom! Exchange trips provide moments that fill in these missing parts.  After all, learning a new language is about connecting with people, so what better way than to join a community who encourages diversity and creates many opportunities for you to learn from each other. 

    Furthermore, Huron University College sees the value of student’s international involvement and embraces this opportunity. 

    In my fourth year, I was honoured to be nominated by my language professors to be one of two students from Ontario chosen to participate in this year’s 2018 Kakehashi Project as a cultural diplomat. Funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Japan, the Kakehashi Project brings students from Canada to Japan for a week to promote mutual understanding and friendship.  I was able to experience so many different parts of Japanese culture, from the busy streets of Tokyo to quiet hot springs, and shrines alongside Japanese university students.  It was a great privilege to be chosen as a participant and I’ll never forget the kindness and generosity shown by the Japanese government in wanting to strengthen the bond of global friendship we share.

    Although Huron is known for its small-sized campus, the amount of resources and support available to students with an interest in international affairs goes beyond London, Ontario – and even Canada. So, when people are surprised by my choice of major, it’s because Japan is unique to our culture.   

    I am a long way from home – it makes me smile, thanks to Huron, it doesn’t feel far away at all.

  • Prospective Partners

    Huron is always looking to expand relationships with other organizations to open up our campus as well as to send our students to yours.

  • List of Exchange Partners




    University of Applied Sciences Upper AustriaExchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Business & Economics
    Language Requirements: English


    University of Belize • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Coming Soon 
    Language Requirement: Spanish 

    Beijing Language & Culture University (BLCU) • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Business/Economics and Language Program, Minor in Asian Studies
    Language Requirements: English
    City University of Hong Kong • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Asian Studies, Business, Chinese, Communications, Economics, Psychology
    Language Requirement: English
    Sciences Po LilleExchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Business/Economics, Political Science
    Language Requirement: French

    Universite de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (UVSQ) • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: French Language & Literature, History
    Language Requirement: French


    Gunma Prefectural Women's University • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Japanese Language
    Language Requirement: Japanese


    Kansai Gaidai University • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Asian Studies, Economics, English, Political Science
    Language Requirement: Japanese


    Kobe University • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Asian Studies, Economics, English, Political Science
    Language Requirement: Japanese


    Kwansei Gakuin University •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Japanese and East Asian Studies
    Language Requirement: Japanese


    Kyoto University of Foreign Studies • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Japanese Language and Culture
    Language Requirement: Japanese


    Ryukoku University • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Japanese and Asian Studies OR Japanese Culture and Language Program
    Language Requirement: Japanese


    Yonsei University • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Asian Studies, Business/Economics, History, Political Science
    Language Requirement: English or Korean


    University of Malta •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Business, Hebrew, History, Mediterranean Studies, Political Science, Psychology
    Language Requirement: English 


    CETYS Universidad - There are 3 campuses • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Business/Economics, Psychology
    Language Requirement: Spanish


    Universidad Iberoamericana • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Coming Soon
    Language Requirement: Spanish






    The Arctic University of Norway (UiT)  •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: English, Global Studies, History, Law, Psychology, Sciences
    Language Requirement: English


    Nanyang Technological University •  Exchange Information Sheet 
    Program of Study: 
    Language Requirements: English 

    South Africa

    University of KwaZulu-Natal • Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Global Studies, Languages, Philosophy, Political Science, Religious Studies
    Language Requirement: English


    University of Orebro  •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Economics/Business, Media, Political Science, Psychology, Sciences, Sociology
    Language Requirement: English


    University of Dar es Salaam  •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Global Studies
    Language Requirement: English


    Izmir University •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Business, Economics, English Literature
    Language Requirement: English

    United Kingdom

    University of Huddersfield •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: School of Human and Health Sciences (Politics, Psychology) and School of Music, Humanities & Media (English, History, Languages) only
    ​Language Requirements: English

    United Kingdom 
    University of Southampton •  Exchange Information Sheet
    Program of Study: Faculty of Humanities only (English, History, Modern Languages, French, Philosophy) 
    Language Requirements: English


Scholar's Electives Program

  • What courses are available in Scholar's Electives Program?

    IDIS 1101 and IDIS 1102