Life on Campus
Living on campus puts you in the heart of all the action at Huron. With almost 70% of first-year students choosing to live on campus, it's easy to meet new friends and get involved. A single room is guaranteed for all first-year students, with choice of room style. If this peaks your interest, check out the video below and hear about the experience directly from our students!
Book a Tour
Do you want an education that will challenge you academically while also developing the knowledge and abilities you need to stand out as an exceptional leader? Are you interested in an engaging learning environment that offers an unparalleled professor-to-student ratio? If you’re thinking about joining our community, book a tour and find out what sets Huron apart.
THE BIG DAY ARRIVES!
First year students move-in to Huron on Labour Day.
O’Neil/Ridley – 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Hellmuth Hall – 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Southwest – 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
No early move-ins permitted.
Orientation Sophs, a volunteer committee of enthusiastic and committed upper year students, will be at Huron to greet you and direct you to registration areas. There will be many Sophs available to make your move-in as enjoyable and efficient as possible.
Be as prepared as possible for one of the most exciting days of your life! Knowing what you have to do before arrive at our extraordinary campus is a great way to calm those first day of school nerves!
- If the individuals who are driving you to London are planning to stay in the city overnight, you should encourage them to make their hotel bookings early.
- Please ensure that all of your items are securely packed (preferably in boxes) so that student volunteers, who will assist you with the move, will be able to move all of your items quickly and efficiently to your room.
- We recommend that you mark all of your items with your first and last name as well as room number and building, to prevent any misdirection of boxes.
- Do not bring family pets.
- Dress in casual and comfortable attire (especially shoes).
- You will receive a room inventory form at check-in; please complete it carefully with your Don. The completed form is retained by the Department of Student Engagement as a check against loss of or damage to the room and/or its contents at the end of the year.
- The Department of Student Engagement holds you financially responsible for any damage or loss to your room or its contents, and also for the cleanliness of the room upon vacating.
- If you are assigned to suite-style accommodations, you are jointly responsible, with the other occupants of the suite, for cleaning, damage or losses to the shared lounge space in the suite.
- You will be invoiced for losses, damage, special cleaning or maintenance required as a result of your period of residency.
Orientation week is a student-led event and one of the most memorable moments in an incoming students university experience where they will meet their classmates, and ultimately, make lifelong friends while learning about everything Huron University College offers in terms of services and our people. From concerts, to team building exercises, this will be a highlight of your post-secondary experience.
With 400 students stepping onto campus for the first time, Orientation Week is an exciting time and a cornerstone of the student experience at Huron University College! A schedule of the O-Week events can be found here so you can have some idea about what you have to look forward to during the most exciting week of your first year at Huron!
Keep up to date with what's going on by checking in with our Student's Council. Follow Huron's official social media channels for daily updates on O-Week.