At Huron, we're proud of what our students accomplish and we are committed to rewarding academic excellence and community service. Please note, final admission average is calculated using final cumulative average. Scholarships are renewable provided the student maintains a minimum average of 80% on 5.0 courses during the regular academic term. The below scholarships are for International Students/ Student Visa. For further information regarding entrance scholarships, contact the Admissions and Recruitment Office at 519.438.7225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
International students with strong entrance averages will automatically be assessed for scholarships valued between $4,000 to $40,000 over four years, based on their academic results.
No supplemental application is required for this scholarship, you will automatically be assessed for International Entrance Scholarships during the application process to any Huron program and any scholarships awarded will be stated on your Offer of Admission letter.
After receiving an Offer of Admission, international students can also submit an optional supplemental application form to demonstrate leadership, community involvement, and financial need, to be considered for an increased International Entrance Scholarship.
If you have experience(s) that you feel could might meet these criteria, please submit the supplemental application form to email@example.com no later than June 3, 2019. You can download this application form here: Supplemental Application Form - International Entrance Scholarships
- $5,000 unlimited number available (non-renewable)
- Automatic award given to each full-time international Huron student who is a Commonwealth citizen; and
- Applicants are required to have achieved an 80% or higher average in their previous year of study.
- No supplemental application is required for this scholarship; you will automatically be assessed for the Commonwealth Scholarship during the application process to any Huron program and any scholarships awarded will be stated on your Offer of Admission letter.
Huron awards up to 5 International Presidential Scholarships valued at $60,000 over four years to outstanding entering students.
- Academic excellence with a mid-year average of 90% or higher on Western's grading scale;
- Demonstrated passion for student life through community leadership, volunteer service, passion for arts, athletics etc;
- All International Students who will be studying at Huron on a student visa are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- To be considered for the International Presidential Scholarship, you must submit a supplemental application form that is due by February 15, 2019. You can download this application form here: International Presidential Scholarship application form.
Huron Scholars Group:
In addition, all international Presidential Scholarship winners are guaranteed their choice of building and room within residence and automatically become members of the "Huron Scholars Group". This group brings together high achieving students who hold renewable entrance scholarships and senior scholarships at Huron. Members of the group are invited to a September reception and are kept informed of extra-curricular activities, award competitions, graduate application workshops, and other opportunities.
International Presidential Application Form (sent separately)
TWO AVAILABLE: Two, two-year renewable scholarships are awarded annually, one each to a male and female full-time Huron student who is registered on a Western Varsity Athletic team.
Value: Up to $4,500 per year
Eligibility: This scholarship competition is open to all full-time Huron students who are registered on a Western Varsity Athletic team.
Incoming first-year students must be entering a full-time program at Huron (5.0 courses taken during the regular academic year - September to April); have achieved a Grade 12 final average of 80.0% or better; and be registered on a university-level, intercollegiate athletic team at Western University.