Huron Library Accessibility
- Library Facility: The main entrance to Huron University College is wheelchair accessible. This entrance is located near the Huron parking lot. An Information Desk is situated immediately inside the entrance; Info. Desk staff can give detailed instructions to locate the Library and may provide access to the main door of the Library via an elevator. For a map of Huron College that identifies the main entrance and the location of the Information Desk, click here.
- Assistive Technology: The Library at Huron offers assistive technology for students with disabilities. An accessible workstation is located in the Huron Commons, situated on the main floor the Library. This workstation provides access to and includes a variety of assistive technology software including: JAWS, Open Book, Kurzweil 3000, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and Inspiration, as well as word processing software. A stand-alone book scanner is connected to the accessible workstation. If you have any questions at all, please contact Ryan Rabie, Digital Initiatives and User Services Librarian.
- Alternative Format Texts: Services for Students with Disabilities at Western coordinate alternative format texts for course text books and course packs produced through The Bookstore @ Western. For more information about alternative format texts please visit the Services for Students with Disabilities website. If you require alternative format text of material held by the Library at Huron or Western Libraries, please visit Western's Library Accessibility page.
- Reference Service: For research assistance please visit the Library's Research Help Desk, which is located on the main floor within the Huron Commons. For in-depth assistance, you may book a research consultation with Colleen Burgess, Teaching and Learning Librarian.
- Retrieval of Material: Library staff will retrieve books or journals from the stacks on request, and time permitting. Please inquire at the Service Desk. Call number and title information for each item will be required. In addition to in-person requests, the Service Desk will accept phone and email requests to retrieve materials Monday through Friday. It may also be possible to arrange an extended loan for most materials upon request. Note that most books borrowed from the Library at Huron or other Western Libraries locations may be renewed online for your convenience.
- Photocopying & Scanning: Library staff are available to make photocopies on request for the regular cost of $.10 per page. The library also has two separate scanning devices that are free to use. Please inquire at the Service Desk.